Today I’m going to show you a super easy 10 Minute Fridge Pickle recipe.
This recipe helps use up cucumbers and is safe to eat from the fridge for up to 2 weeks. Just a little bit of prep and a few basic ingredients and you’re set!
- 2 cups thinly sliced onion $
- 1½ cups white vinegar
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon mustard seeds
- ½ teaspoon celery seeds
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- In a large pan, slowly bring vinegar and other ingredients (except cucumbers) to a gentle boil.
- Start slicing cucumbers into thin rounds.
- Place cucumbers into mason jars- fill as many in as you can fit.
- When vinegar and seasonings are gently boiling, pour into jars over cucumbers.
- If the vinegar and herb solution doesnt go all the way to the top of the jar, add some warm water.
- Place into the fridge and let sit overnight- or for best flavor a few days.
- These keep for up to 2 weeks!